The new curriculum renamed the former program offering BS Agricultural Engineering to BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering in accordance to the recently enacted RA 10915 (Philippine Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Act of 2016) which has repealed/amended RA 8559 (An Act Regulating the Practice of Agricultural Engineering Profession in the Philippines - 1998), and the enactment of RA 10601 (Agriculture & Fishery Mechanization Law – AFMech Law)
1. Graduates of Senior High School STEAM track seeking admission to Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (BSABE) program must pass the Mindanao State University System Admission and Scholarship Examination (MSU-SASE) and satisfy the minimum score requirement as maybe required by the department.
2. Graduates of Senior High School who are non-STEAM track may be admitted to the program. They must pass the Mindanao State University System Admission and Scholarship Examination (MSU-SASE) and satisfy the minimum score requirement as maybe required by the department. Admission subject to the evaluation of the department without prejudice to requiring bridging course/s or additional assessment.3. Transferee students, upon presentation of a valid transfer credentials (honorable dismissal) and copy of previous academic records, may be admitted, provided that:
a) Student must pass the Mindanao State University System Admission and Scholarship Examination (MSU-SASE) and satisfy the minimum score requirement as maybe required by the department;
b) Student has satisfied the minimum grade average requirement for all the academic units earned;
c) Student has complied the residency requirement i.e., number of units to be finished in the Institute and within the time frame; and
d) Student has satisfied the evaluation of the department.
4. Students should submit upon application for admission to the program the following documents:
a) Senior High School Report Card
b) Honorable Dismissal
c) NSO Certified Birth Certificate
d) SASE result showing the student has satisfied the cut-off score stipulated by the host Department of the respective campuses
e) Filled out Department Admission Form/Personal Information Sheet
f) Other documents required by the Office of the Registrar or Office of the Admission and Scholarships
5. Students must adhere to the admission procedure specified by the Office of the Campus Registrar and the Office of the Admissions and Scholarships.
6. The Department may add other requirements, as it deems necessary, to ensure smooth and quality admission of freshmen, shifter and transferee students